hi all;

Ed Ashley has asked me to pass on the exciting news to you
that his wife, Ruth, fetal cell transplant recipient,

aka
Ashley, Ruth / pwp / 66-51-48 / Pemberton / NJ / US / [log in to unmask]

has been interviewed
for the 11th Dec issue of the Wall Street Journal
as well as
for the 11th Dec airing of Tom Brokaw's Evening News program on NBC !!!

last july, Ed posted the following to the pd list:
>my wife had the fetal cell transplant in Feb, 1997
>under the experimental program operating out of the
>movement disorder clinic at the Columbia Presbyterian
>Hospital in New York city. This program is a joint
>one with the University of Denver.
>
>my wife has shown a decided improvement and able to
>reduce her medication by 60%.

in the clinical trials,
Ruth actually underwent a 'control' operation the first time out,
and then had the 'real' operation a year later!

here's to another phenomenal pwp and cg team!

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada