Hi  Liz,

I am not sure whether that was a tongue in cheek question or not regarding cause
of death.

From a medical viewpoint the immediate cause of death is important.  Knowledge as
to complications which can occur from the primary illness like in the case of PD
aspiration pneumonia- a complication is important to document because it may be
preventable.

Nonetheless, from the practical standpoint especially for the deceased and their
family the individual is just as dead whether they died from PD, pneumonia,  a
pulmonary embolus, or a medical book falling in their head.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin