hi all

cyber-dad don mckinley wrote this to me this morning:
[translated]

At 12:23 1998/12/11 -0500, you wrote:
>i still read about yy all that stuff [age-number-codes about age-diagnosed, etc]
>i still cannot understand it.
>all i know for sure is, i have had PD for 30 years.
>i would like to know who all on the list is 'up' there with me.
>[i.e. a veteran of the pd-wars]
>
>i cannot give much medical advice, as i don't know how,
>and would not anyway, in case someone would say
>'cyber-dad takes that much' and then get sick.
>i could not live with that.
>
>so when you get the time could you give me a run down on it.
>there could be others that don't understand the [age-number-code]
>but won't own up to it! lo lo [laughing out loud]
>but you know, i am just a dumb old good-looking man.
>that's your other lo lo for the day!
>
>OH VIVIAN is wearing one of those heart monitors.
>i told she didn't need to eavedrop on me;
>i would just tell her! again lolo!
>
>I.Y.Q DON & VIVIAN

i also think it would be interesting
to know how many of our on-line cyber-family
are long-term pd veterans

i had summarized the age codes for the
'ready-for-tv-prime-time-crew-list'
[for consistency's sake]
thus my age 'code' is:

51-41-37 = [pwp's age now]-[age diagnosed]-[age onset]

my previous two cents' worth in re using the three numbers:
>i know a lot of us have had difficulty with either
>wanting to ignore the symptoms as long as possible
>or
>getting an accurate diagnosis
>so the time delay between the -41- and the -37- [e.g.]
>can be of some significance...
>the middle figure -41- , i.e. age when diagnosed,
>can be significant given the frequent delays i mention above
>since in a lot of cases it marks the beginning of med therapy

however, if you, cyber-dad, are more comfortable
just using the two numbers that you are used to using,
i.e. your age now and the number of years since diagnosis
go for it!

your 'new-style' age-number-code would be: 74/44
i.e. you are 74 now, and you were diagnosed with pd when you were 44
and/or
your 'old-style' age-number-code would be 74/30
i.e. you are 74 now, and you were diagnosed 30 years ago

my 'new-style' age-number-code is 51-41-37
i.e. i am 51 now, was diagnosed at 41, noticed my first symptoms at 37
and/or
my 'old-style' age-number-code was 51/10
i.e. i am 51 now, and 1 was diagnosed 10 years ago

anyway, to make a long message shorter
cyber-dad's survey is simple:

1. how old are you now?
2. how many years has it been since your diagnosis?
3. name

i'll go first, even though i'm not really a 'vet' yet!

1. 51
2. 10
3. janet paterson

your adopted-cyber-daughter

sis

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada