I can fully understand your desire to raise money, but I strongly encourage
you to find another means of reimbursement.  The National Society of Fund
Raising Executives (NSFRE - the largest professional group for fund
raisers), The Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), and the Council
for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) all have grave doubts
about the ethics of using a percentage reimbursement and/or finders fee for
not-for-profit fund raising.

Here are a couple of suggestions:

1.  Talk to your community foundation.  Some of them have been known to make
grants for starting a development program.

2.  Call respected not-for-profit organizations in your community,
especially small arts and social service organization, and ask for a meeting
with development staff members.  They can give you the low-down on what it
takes to implement fund raising programs.

3.  Start a special event.

4.  Tap into United Way.

5.  Contact pharmaceutical companies, especially those who make PD drugs.
They often sponsor small meetings.