 Hello everybody,

   Would Michael J. Fox's doctors,  and those of us who may have  noticed
any of his symptoms during the 20/20 interview, PLEASE  consider
carefully what I am about to mention?  I think  I noticed some symptoms
going on in Michael that worry me.

   I think many of you know that I am used to careful observation, having
had to give up a career as a
researching and teaching human anatomy professor. My teaching area was
dissection of the body (Medical Gross Anatomy).

  Let me start by thanking Mr. Fox, and by saying that Michael and his
beautiful wife, Tracy Pollan, are very, very brave.    I am afraid for
them.  As I watched Michael being interviewed on 20/20, I noticed some
unsettling things.

  He seemed to hide his left hand in various ways.  His left hand was
also constantly hidden by a most subtle and gracious Tracy, who grasped
it and slid it behind her when they were facing crowds.

 The left corner of his lower lip seemed  not to elevate enough when he
was smiling.  His left eye seemed to be slightly more open, as if the
lower lid was opening slightly too much.

  He also seemed to have curled left fingers, especially the 2nd, 3rd and
4th, as if he were dystonic, or undermedicated, when he momentarily
loosened his grasp on the couch.

  His speech seemed to race, and thus it seemed to slur slightly, during
much of the interview..  It ran too fast, in somewhat quick, quiet, and
not quite completed sounds, that rushed from one to the next.

  He seemed to be hiding his left shoulder and arm from the camera.  The
camera angle was almost always such that the left side of his face was
only partially shown. He kept his left wrist and hand nearly out of view,
over the top of the sofa.

   At one point, while answering one of  Barbara Walter's questions, his
right foot kicked up, in what seemed to be an involuntary, sudden
movement.

    I cannot imagine how scary it must be for MIchael and Tracy.

    I hope most of what I think I saw on the left side of his body  might
be improved by slightly more medication.  I hope these observations do
not foretell the coming of further problems on Michael's left side. I am
offering my observations in the hope that they might help Mr. Fox

  I share the hope Michael has for a cure before he is 50..  I hope that
funds come from every direction to help  millions of cg's, pwp's, and the
families of the pwp's, world wide.  With Mr.and Mrs. Ali now joined by
Mr. and Mrs. Fox, our community is praying that we will receive some of
the attention we desperately need.

To Michael's immediate family, whom  I am sure share Michael's dream, I
extend my heartfelt empathy.

    Thanks for listening.

    (Prof.)  Ivan Suzman

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   67   deg. F   :-) April in
December