I would agree with Mary Rack in the treatment of patients of KU Med
Center.

Dr. Koller comes to Topeka once monthly to see patients from this area
and brings his staff with him. Treatment is provided at Stormont-Vail
hospital facility which provides them with the facility.

I have found that Dr. Koller is willing to listen to the patient
AND the care giver. He has shown a willingness to allow the patient
and the care giver to express the changes since the last visit and
to answer any questions that may be asked.

He has allowed us to determine the need for medication in terms of
quantity and frequency given since he believes that we are knowledgeable
enough about our situation to be effective in the treatment. He has
said that we live it 24 hours a day and he sees us only 15-30 minutes
4 times a year. Given our knowledge of Parkinson's in our VERY personal
case, we can determine how it is progressing and what we can do medically
to treat the symptoms.

In other words, they listen and observe, determine whether our treatment
is viable in the situation that is seen and described and make judgements
relative to the treatment.  We feel good about this because we are not
being dictated to, but rather, being treated as comrades in the war
against PD.

Jeannette was diagnosed by her since retired Internist but since it was not
his field, he referred us to KU Medical Center. They officially pronounced
the verdict of idiopathic PD. We have been blessed with good physicians over
the years BECAUSE we demanded the best available treatment and learned what
beast we were dealing with early in the game.

Thanks to an indomitable spirit, Jeannette has maintained her ability to
function over 22 years with this competitor for her life. Of course the
medications and physicians helped her in this effort. AND WE AIN'T DONE
YET.

Sorry this got off base somewhat but thanks for listening........Jack

E. Jack Savely CG for Jeannette 59/22+ Topeka, KS
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'