Marjorie,

Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your dog.  Believe me, I understand.
I have always been a devoted animal lover and my dogs and horses were
definitely family members.  There is a big difference in the people who
understand, love, and respect their animals, and those people who have them
only for their usefullness....and regard them as "just animals."

I lost my little Jack Russell terrior a few months ago.  He ran out in front
of a car as we were fixing to leave our house.  I had him for 13 years and
miss him dearly.  I was very depressed for two weeks & didn't leave the house.
It was the first time in my life I had ever lived totally alone and I was
miserable.  ( I've been divorced for 9 years and my three sons are all grown,
the youngest in college.)

However, for my birthday in October my three sons gave me a standard poodle
puppy.  It was the best present I've ever received, mainly because the boys
thought to do it.  I had a standard poodle once before for 14 yrs., and they
are wonderful dogs.  Incidentally, "standards"  are also used as  service
therapy dogs for people with disabilities such as parkinson's.

Time does help the pain but the memories will always remain.  It is very
difficult to lose a "partner," but please know many of us will say a prayer
for you and Fritzy.

Rosemary Russell    51,   5 1/2 yrs.