Robin:

Congratulations!  No one worked harder to make this happen than you..

Carole

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Disease Foundation [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 1998 6:19 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject: Re: Michael J. Fox - Should he be exclusively NPF's spokesman?

re: mr. miller's timely, muscular pitch for unity among our various
organizations:

it's not the whole answer to his question, certainly, but the people at the
Parkinson's Disease Foundation (based in New York ) and the United Parkinson
Foundation (based in Chicago) are delighted to announce that the final
signatures are on the final merger documents and the merger proposal is on
the
desks of the authorities in New York and Illinois.  It was two years in the
making but we're relieved ... and excited about the implications of the deal
for PDF's effectiveness and contributions to our field.

next step, I hope: continuing, and improved, collaboration among the
remaining
organizations.   More energy, better coordinated and more wisely directed,
for
what APDA rightly calls the "cure and the care:"  support of the best
research, the best education and advocacy, the best support of people with
Parkinson's and their families.

robin elliott, exec direector, parkinson's disease foundation