Thanks, Charlie, for your clear explanation re causes of death, precautions
against complications and what is responsible and whether in the long run it
really matters whether or not the primary illness is responsible.  I was
serious in my query:  Several times I have encountered statements saying
nobody dies of Parkinsons.  It seemed to me that that is open to
interpretation.  If Parkinsons causes difficulty swallowing and I aspirate
some food and get pneumonia and die, the actual cause is pneumonia, but it
seems to me the cause is Parkinsons.  If a homeless person starves to death,
they die of starvation, but the causative factor is being destitute.  Right?
Liz S.