Marjorie L. Moorefield wrote:
> Lest you all forget, I spent many lunch hours and breaks researching
> Parkinson's Deaths.
> Approximately 8,000 people die in the United States each year and
> Parkinson's is listed as cause of death.

Thanks, Marjorie, for the encouraging words- Re death statistics, this
has always been a problem, not only with Parkinson's. Death is not an
isolated event but a chain of events, and each death is reported by
the attending doctor according to his taste. If for example he defines
death as heart failure, you don't know whether the heart failure was
caused by drug overdose, gunshot, loss of blood, suffocation, or
whatever. This problem was treated in a famous old vaudeville skit
about the plantation owner returning ffom a long absence and getting
a report from his faithful servant:
M: How's everything?
S: The dog died.
M: How?
S: Ate some burnt horse flesh.
M: ...Burnt?
S: When the stable burned down.
M: ...Stable?
S: Caught fire from the house.
M: The house on fire?
S: It was the funeral candles. Burnt to the ground.
M: Funeral??
S: Your brother got shot dead.
...and so on. What killed the dog? Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road