I contacted Bill yesterday  Re:  how he is doing..  He has some financial &
health  worries but he seems to be coping..  He says in part

Dear Barb and listfriends; I am fine, or as good as it gets. I'm afraid of
getting bad news in the near future regarding my health be it physical or
mental the strain of waiting is probably worse than the news. Is this
Paranoia?
I'm wide awake, alert, probably at my best.
BTW, I have lived alone for some time between trips to the hospital,
since my seperation/divorce, and am in a group home right now, lonely
but not alone. I'm ... anxious to start work on the revised book. Frustated,
waiting for the guy who's going to do the narrative, the indexes, corrections.

I returned Ivan's letter with thanks, I may take a serious look at his offer.
I am really flattered by all the concern. Could you convey my thanks and best
wishes to all.

I have received several letters off-line and am quite touched by the concern
for an erractic person such as me.
Thanks
Bill

Barb B-K