greetings,

A few years ago I was reading a technical review paper on Parkinson's
disease.  It had a section in which it discussed possible causes of
young-onset PD.  I recall it stating that smokers are 0.50 as likely
as non-smokers to get PD.  It ALSO stated that there are two known
causes of early onset PD so far.  The first was the poorly-made
version of an illegal narcotic.  This drug is discussed in nearly all
modern textbooks on PD.  The second known cause was a rarely-used
spice.  The paper said that the spice is most commonly used in India.
Does anyone know what the name of this spice is?

Since reading this article, I have taken to eating large quantities of
Indian food.  I am worried and want to know if I am eating this spice.
I've looked for this article but seem to have lost it.  I've performed
a medline search with no positive results.  I've done an internet search.
I've even searched through archives of this list.  Nothing.  Please
help if you know the name of this spice.

Sincerely,
Jason Taylor
--
Jason A. Taylor