WASHINGTON (December 13, 1998 12:39 p.m. EST
-- Former Rep. Morris K. Udall, a 30-year congressman
who championed
environmental causes and wryly lamented that he was too
funny to be
president, has died after a long struggle with
Parkinson's disease. He was 76.
================================
Personal comment

We, the PD community, have penned our hopes and dreams
upon the possibility of a cure funded by a bill which
carried the name of this great man. He was a dreamer,
looking at the human spirit as the greatest force on
earth. His dreams became a reality because of his
spirit. Thus is was, and remains, appropriate that our
dreams carry his name.

Morris Udall had another attribute that we should
remember - his ability to laugh at himself. Were we to
remember at some point in the future what all the fuss
was about before the cure for Parkinson's was
discovered, we should remember Morris Udall for his joy
at being alive, for his smile, which saw him through so
many painful days, and for his spirit which led us to
continue our fight in his name.

Morris Udall lost his battle with Parkinson's. He never
fought a battle for life - he enjoyed each moment too
much to consider it a war. In his passing he leaves us
with a memory of a great spirit and a warm heart. He
will be missed.

Jerry Finch

--
Do all your Holiday Shopping from