Hi Bonnie,

My father loved to exercise, too, and was most fond of rowing.  When he
lived in Florida, he used to have a single shell. Every weekday he would
put it on top of the car, drive over to Lake Seminole, put the shell in the
lake and row like crazy for about 6 miles!  In fact, he began to realize
something was really wrong with him when he couldn't hoist himself out of
the shell onto the dock. Since then, he has bought an indoor rowing
machine.  Unfortunately, he's had to give that up because he would fall
getting up from it.

Anyway, about the Air Strider, I would think that might be a problem, too,
because of the need to climb on and off of, and balance on, those slidey
treads.  It would probably be wise to find a way for him to try one out
before buying.

Let us know if you come up with a good solution!

Jane Koenig
(daughter of Fred, 80/1-ish)