HI hillary-

Zoloft is an excellent antidepressant.  In fact when I was in practice
(psychiatry) it was without a doubt the antidepressant I prescribed most.  It
was tolerated best (at least my patients appeared to have the least side effects
causing them to discontinue the drug) and was at least as effective as other
antidepressant I prescribed.  If he is depressed and responds to the medication
it can make a significant difference in mood and with adolescents- behavior.  It
will not start working for at least a week and often it takes as long as 3-4
weeks or even longer to each maximum effectiveness.  It is a good drug when used
for the correct indications. + no I don't have stock in the company.

Contact me if you have any further questions.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin