Hello,

My wife's daughter, a brand new physical therapist, in telling of the
benefits of physical therapy to counter the physical effects of PD,
says that any physical therapist should be able to put together an
individually tailored exercise program for someone with PD, because
in her program of study at Eastern Washington State U they spent a
good chunk of time on PD. I wonder about the "any", and whether, just
as there are variations in the services you can receive from
different physicians, auto mechanics, etc., there aren't also
different levels of usefulness or relevance of exercise programs
depending on particular physical therapists.  Has it been people's
experience that all are equally beneficial?  If not, does anyone
have recommendations for the Manhattan or northern New Jersey area?

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 60/dx 1990