To: Janet Paterson
From: Will Kuipers

Re: Mono and PD?

Hi Janet,

What makes you ask the question?
How contageous is the Epstein-Barr virus?
I worked on a project with an engineering colleague, where I saw him
once a week for an hour or so. He was a robust man who took pains to
live a healthy life with plenty of exercise. I don't know when he
contracted the Epstein-Barr syndrome, but during the year we worked
together he deteriorated rapidly. He got to the stage where any small
amount of work would fatigue him to the point that the rest of the day
he was incapable of functioning.
He was an engineer's engineer and any situation would be regarded by
him as a problem to be solved. When he found that he was reaching the
stage where he could not function any longer and would just be a
burden, he concluded that there was no use in continuing and took his
life.
I cannot answer your question because I don't know if there is
anything to watch out for. What, in your case, constitutes exposure?
Your question interests me a lot and I hope that I can share in
anything that you might find out.

Greetings

Will Kuipers