a friend sent this to me. . .I thought that you might enjoy it . . nvh

a thought for your day . . .

    My five-year-old son was saying prayers by his bedside.  After giving
thanks for the happy times in his day, he turned and asked, "Where do words go
after you say them?

Before I could respond, he answered with childlike innocence, "I think they go
into our heads and what is left over stays in the clouds.  When it rains, they
fall back down to the ground.  And sometimes people get wet with them.  And
sometimes they fall on the flowers and give them a drink."

Later that evening I thought about the words I had spoken that day.  Had they
been like a refreshing rain?   Or did some fall harshly, threatening to drown
already struggling hearts?

My son helped me realize the need to be careful with the words I use each day.
My
words will not just be said and forgotten.  They will have a resting place.
They will
not just disappear. Will I be glad that they are still around after they have
been spoken?
                   --Gail Barwis (Wisconsin)