hi carole

At 10:11 1998/12/15 -0800, you wrote, in part:
>...been thinking about how sad and a little ironic
>it is that Mo, who was a rallying point for so long,
>has slipped away quietly just as Michael J. Fox is
>emerging as a fresh figure to serve our shared cause.
>Maybe the holidays are making me philosophical, but
>I find this coincidence something worth pondering...

that coincidence struck me also
along with the fact that one of the list topics at the time
was whether or not people 'officially' die from pd
or from other 'complications'

the list's and my personal reaction to this death of a parkie
is quite different from the visible and voluble
outpouring of messages after
alan bonander died

i felt i knew alan personally,
he was close to my own age,
and his death was sudden

mo udall's death has struck me as more 'remote' in the personal sense
since his name had become such a focal point and symbol
forever connected to the udall act in us legislation

but that remoteness or symbolism
doesn't 'detract' from the intensity of the loss;
quite the opposite, in my opinion.

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada