Some of you may remember Barbara Yacos, a fellow PWP
who was involved with us back in the early days of this
list. She has been a member of my small group for years
and I have grown quite fond of her wit, her positive
thinking and her love for life.

Her husband, Jim, retired recently. In their remaining
years there was a lot of discussion about where they
would spend the "golden years" of their life - both
Californis and Florida were options - when Jim started
having a few stomach problems. To make a long story
short, Jim was operated on today in Boston. Operated is
the wrong word. They opened him up, took a look at all
the cancer, and closed him back up. He has less than a
month to live.

Barbara needs our support. If you know her, and even if
you don't, a few caring words might help them through
this painful time in their life. Her email address is:

I make fun of my relationship with my wife quite often,
which I'm able to do because of the security I feel in
our love for one another. Bringing a situation like
this into a personal "what if," I can sense the horror
I would feel. If it says nothing else, let Barbara's
experience make us realize how very important each
single moment we have with our loved one really is. All
the plans for all the tomorrows can be swept away in
the blink of an eye.

Jerry Finch
--
Do all your Holiday Shopping from