Hello Christine and all,

>From: Anderson <[log in to unmask]> 6:32 PM
>
>Hi all, I sent an e-mail to the Sunday Star Times explaining about this
>group and asked if they could e-mail me their news item so I could
>forward it to the group - and guess what, it just arrived.

> The university has
>set up NeuronZ _ effectively the country's first major New
>Zealand-owned, research-based pharmaceutical company _ to trial the
>drugs and ready them for the world market. Professor Gluckman estimates

The site of NeuronZ is still under construction.
I also couldn't find any pressreleases by the Univ. of Auckland on this
subject.
Or research-reports.

For further info you  could try and send an email to Peter Gluckman
himself.......
His emailaddress is:    <[log in to unmask]>

Here follows some info about Peter Gluckman:

Professor Peter Gluckman
Executive Director of ...........??
Phone 64-9-3737-599 ext 6840
Email [log in to unmask]

Why and when brain damage occurs, prevention and treatment of brain trauma,
and
the endocrinology and physiology of growth are Professor Gluckman's main
areas
of research.
Professor Gluckman is also the Dean of the Auckland Medical School, and
Professor of Paediatric and Perinatal Biology.
Following positions as a Postgraduate research fellow, Assistant Research
Paediatrician and Assistant Professor in the department of Paediatrics,
University of California, San Francisco, Professor Gluckman was a visiting
Professor to the department of reproductive sciences, Cornell University.
He is a member of the Health research Council of New Zealand, serves on the
Committee on core Health Services, and is a fellow of the Royal Society. He
was
formerly the Chairman of the Department of Paediatrics and director of the
Animal Research Laboratories, University of Auckland.

Hans.