At 12:05 AM 12/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello, gee I just got back and I'm already MAD.
They say you can make numbers say anything, but your convuleted
thinking escapes and as a former accountant I know how to make the
numbers dance. Your interprerarion of your own charts is puzzling
to say the least!!!!\
You start out with what looks like a possibly valid point and continue
to appear sane, right up to your chart whose figures I do idpute
and the conclusion reasched as asinine.
Where did you ever get the number of PWP (parkinsons) BOTTOM of your
list, perhaps that's where your brain went sleep and the other end took
over. 1! pwp to 56 heart disease, 28 osteo,40 arthritris, where on
GGE did you get those figures. Somehow you come up wirh #'s that make sense.
T,hr Columns of the two Worst diseases on the list Althyzmers and Parkinson's
way above  the 25,000 if you ever were to consider emotional aspects,
in your index the personal suffering level and duration of illnes, these
two diseases would blow the top of your chart.
I wont question your calculations (i'm getting a headache),so ASSUMING
our chart is correct (BIG?) even you could see 98 million on Pd research
 is less that that spent on diabetes. Diabetes "the 4th leadinf cause of death
can also cause blindess and liver" To say it ranks above Parkinson's
shows you are blind and death. With PD you get DEAtH, that is your future.
A long slow humiliating one which will often take your mind as well.
To compare rhe two on this listserv is an insult and is typical of the
ill informed ignoramuses who oppose things like the Udall bill.
Tell me mr.statitic what is the divorce/suicide rate amongst couples
where one has DIABETES and one with one PWP. THat will give you a
meaningfull fact.
Angrily,
Bill