Some time ago I mentioned that I wanted to build a National Database of PD
support groups for the use of the PD Community.

As an update I now think that I have the largest database of PD Support Groups
and the list grows daily. The list contains 1935 groups with 300+ additional
names to add in.

One of the biggest problems is that I started with lists from the
PAN,NPF,APDA,PAT and other organizations,. It soon became apparent that there
were duplicates  and tripulates as we moved the lists into the databases. I
mailed a letter to the first 1200 names to ask them to update there
information and received about 600 of the responses returned with correcting
information.

Todate the base is functional, and about 75% accurate I expect.
I still plan to make a special mailing to Calif and Mass groups because they
have not received my attention yet.

I will make this information available to any responsible PD interest that
requests information.

I will send a state report to any SG free of charge. I can make and send
mailing labels for any state but would charge a nominal amount to cover the
cost of purchasing the labels if you are requesting a state with a lot of
groups.

I would like to thank Robin Elliott of the Parkinson Disease Foundation in NYC
for a grant of funds to help defray expenses. Thanks are also in order to the
Ohio State Organization which has made a contribution to defray expenses and
finally to the National Parkinson Foundation who offered manpower and
information to update  the base.

Finally I would like to thank all who responded to my letteres and all the
state leaders especially from APDA ranks who sent me their up todate state or
regional lists.

Now can any of you think of ways we can use this information for our
collective bnefit? I invite your suggestions.
Dale Severance