Bill wrote:
>>Hello, gee I just got back and I'm already MAD

I'm glad that you're bad - mad or not.

. Diabetes "the 4th leadinf cause of death
>can also cause blindess and liver" To say it ranks above Parkinson's
>shows you are blind and death. With PD you get DEAtH, that is your future.

Sorry Bill, you're way off on this one.  Not only is Diabetes more
destructive than PD, but the Type I disease  strikes its victims earlier and
leads to life-long *severe* health problems.  These are the folks who die in
their 20's, or lose their vision and kidney function in their 30's, or die
of heart disease in their 40's.  Unlike PD sufferers, they frequently don't
make it to their 50's.

As a medical nurse I've dealt with many chronic diseases.  While PD patients
are rare visitors to my clinical division, I can always count on at least 2
out of my 8 patients having diabetes (and frequently the numbers are
higher).  The medical cost of maintaining diabetics is substantially greater
than the cost of PD, while long-term care difficulties are even more
monumental.  Diabetics with no home care support are brought to the hospital
DOA more than any other patients, in my experience (and I'm including
victims in their early 20's in that number).

PD does need more funding, but we're not going to advance our cause in
Congress if we suggest that PD is more worthy to receive research dollars
than other far more catastrophic illnesses.
-------
Regards
Mary Ann Ryan RN (CG Jamie 59/19)