From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 1998 2:49 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject: NIH Funding question

I am posting this question for the third time, because the topic of NIH
funding has reappeared and no one has answered my post the first two
times.......

Has the funding for any other disease been broken down into "non-disease
related funding" vs. "disease related funding"?

My point in asking this question is to verify the fact that we have a valid
argument when we question the NIH $$$'s.

Is this a typical breakdown of basic research vs. applied research that is
used at NIH?

I don't enjoy reposting the same question multiple times, but I do think
this
issue needs an explanation as it applies to other disease related research
programs.

Rita Weeks
Lincoln, NE