hi mary

At 07:11 1998/12/17 EST, you wrote:
> To the early birds on our Listserv:
> Let us give 3  VIVAs  for Janet Paterson.
> On 12-11-98  at about 12:07am,
> Charlie Meyer, M.D. posed a question about Pregnancy and PWP.
> By 3 am, Janet Peterson had at least four significant references
> on the table. That's what I call service to the LISTSERV.
> for Janet:
> Viva !  Viva !  Viva !    La  Janet  !
>[log in to unmask]  )Mary Manfredi)

thank you so much for your kind words
but i feel lucky to be able to do what i can do

my interest in charlie's request was partly selfish -
from my viewpoint at least,
'pd / hormones / brain chemistry' is a sadly neglected area
which merits serious research

my 'digging' tendencies are selfish as well - i love doing it -
but without the wonderful 'motherlode' of info
[as provided by all of us and our messages]
that is in our archives at: <http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/>
[as conceived and maintained by simon coles]
my 'digging' would be fruitless

one of the 'costs' to me of having pd
is losing the ability to work at a 'normal' full-time job
and thus necessitating my application for a government-funded disability pension

one of the 'benefits' to me of having pd
is losing the ability to work at a 'normal' full-time job
and thus necessitating my application for a government-funded disability pension
which thus 'gives' me the time and energy to devote
to doing what is important to me

over a year ago
i sent in a couple of messages
describing my career/residence 'pickle'
summarized as:
'i want to write
i want it to mean something
it would be nice if it paid the rent too'

grace works in mysterious ways...

your cyber-sibling

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada