hi dale

At 07:19 1998/12/17 EST, you wrote:
>Some time ago I mentioned that I wanted to build
>a National Database of PD support groups for the
>use of the PD Community.
>
>As an update I now think that I have the largest
>database of PD Support Groups and the list grows
>daily. The list contains 1935 groups with 300+
>additional names to add in.

what a magnificent accomplishment, dale!

the numbers you mention
have brought sharply into focus
the reason for the quandary i have been in
in re the pwp events calendar at:
<http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:pwpc>

i have not been updating it since late summer
and have only just understood why

the calendar concept is a positive one
but the scale of it is a potential minefield

should it contain references to all meetings of all support groups?
on a weekly or monthly basis?
on a national or international basis?
can it, considering the numbers involved?

or should it contain only references to 'special' non-repeating events?
how?

the software that i have been using is limited in search-ability
i.e. no searching by city or province or country
but it is not specificially designed for this type of use
and is a free facility on the wwweb

comments, anyone?

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada