charlie, friends and others:

i have just two things to say about the use of our list:

1. i am a TREMENDOUS fan of this list (and of its author, janet paterson).  as
I have told many people (incIuding my own board of directors), keeping up with
it is simply indispensible to the effective conduct of my job.

2. i believe that just two things -- call them, the "amy-vanderbilt rules of
internet etiquette," or "internetiquette" -- stand between it and perfection,
namely:

one: we should agree to post only those items that we think would be of
INTEREST to fairly large numbers of people OR which require the ATTENTION of
large groups of people (e.g. media alerts, washington comments, requests for
help on a PD topic)

two: when someone wants to respond personally to someone else's posting (e.g.,
"great idea, max!"), why not use one-to-one e-mail rather than the list?

simple observance of these two rules would cut our daily roster of postings in
half.

respectfully submitted (and, as barb mallut might say, "ducking and running:)

robin elliott, exec. dir., parkinson's disease foundation