Hello Alastair:
I'm Alan Richards, husband of Judith, and I have been a newspaper
reporter and copy editor for many years. Your comments have some truth,
but they show a lot of malice.
This list is not "obsessed" with the media. It is aware of the media,
certainly, for where else can one get the news?
I am one of the "prattling fools" you speak of, and I make no apologies.
One of the tenets of journalism -- at least here in Canada -- is that
you check your sources. Most newspaper reports here, and probably in New
Zealand also, are accurate, although they are designed to be read by
laymen, not experts in Parkinson's or any other subject.
To attack list members for passing on the news is rather unkind, to say
the least.
You don't have to believe anything you read. Just remember that somebody
has gone to the trouble of finding these reports so you can give them
whatever cynical and sarcastic perusal you want.
Judith takes your remarks personally, since she is one of those who
tries to find articles of interest, and importance, to PWP.
Sincerely,
AE Richards

Alastair Wyse wrote:

> > Negotiations are under way with international biotechnology merchant
>  bankers to raise $10 million to fund MS trials for the growth factor, a hormone known as IGF1.

 This list seems to be obsessed with what/who appears on the mass

--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                         ^^^