In a message dated 12/17/98 2:20:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< or stiff it is a painful hug. With diabetes you don't have to put up with
 sore muscles. >>
   I am new to the list; this is my first day.  My husband has Parkinson's but
I am the one who uses the computer, so I am the one on the list.  I read with
interest the discussion of diabetes Vs Parkinson's.  They are, in my opinion,
both something not to have.  I have diabetes so I do know where I am coming
from.  The above message says that diabetics do not have sore muscles.  I
definitely have sore muscles when my blood sugars are acting up.  I always
have neuropathy in my hands and feet.  At times, my feet hurt so bad that I
cannot wear shoes.  They hurt so bad at night, I need Tylenol with codeine to
sleep.  There are many parts of each disease that are not known to everyone
and to compare them or prioritize them really isn't fair.  My husband and I
have both been through cancer and chemotherapy.  I have an extreme heart
rhythm problem.  We know we don't want to have any of these but that we cannot
rank which is better or worse.
    Parkinson's is the disease I am now the most afraid of.  I have very
little information, hence the signing up for the list.  We hope to gain some
information.  We have beaten the cancer and are living with the present
illnesses.  I think I am babbling.  Sorry

Jeannie   WA