hi joan

At 05:08 1998/12/18 -0600, you wrote, in part:
>Hello all-once again, I see that Christmas
>brings out the "best" in everyone!

interesting, it hadn't occurred to me,
[i'm taking the low-key route this year!]
but of course this 'holiday festivity' season stuff
can be tough for a lot of people to get through
without getting stressed up to their eyeballs
if they aren't at that level already

>I feel that it is like comparing apples to
>oranges, comparing PD and any other disease...

'my hurt's bigger than your hurt...
my dad can beat your dad...'

>why waste time swapping horror stories, when
>all we have to do is to turn on any tv news
>program or just about any tv talk show (springer,
>riccki, sally jessie, etc.) to see profound
>human suffering in its many guises!

'my reality is in my face...
the talk shows are all fake...
i don't read the newspapers it's all too sad...'

>We could be in a War & still have PD, or anyone
>of a thousand other combinations... too grisly to
>consider.

yikes
and adding to all the stress of course
and unmentioned so far as i have seen here
is the u.n./u.s./u.k attack on iraq
and the surreal vision of surface to air missiles
live in your face in your living room each afternoon

>No, it's not fair that I have PD and my neighbor
>doesn't but nobody promised me fair!

alsolutely!
life isn't fair
life is difficult
we are here to learn
and to learn how to love
if that isn't difficult i don't know what is

>That's why I'm not going to mention those "wife" jokes,
>some people may find them funny and you could just as
>easily say "husband" for wife.

being able to laugh at ourselves is a blessing
but it needs a certain amount of distance
it's hard to do when under stress

>Just thought that I'd let you know that you're doing
>a good job of pushing all of my buttons this morning...

i have been learning
that no-one can push my buttons
unless i allow it unless my belief in myself is wobbly

it's one of the hardest things i've had to learn
but when i get it to work it feels good!

ye olde philosopher

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada