--part0_913649081_boundary

Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 17:50:37 -0500 (EST)
From: Lawrence E Cope <[log in to unmask]>
To: ali deale <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: true story (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 17:48:26 -0500 (EST)
From: Lawrence E Cope <[log in to unmask]>
To: Lawrence E Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: true story

 Special Occasions

 True Story:

 This is more embarrassing for my mother than for me because I wasn't quite
 four years old when it happened.   My mother taught me to read when I was 3
 years old (her first mistake).

 One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet door was
 ajar.  I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she was
 keeping napkins in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen?  Not
 wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts she told me that those were
 for special occasions.

 Now fast forward a few months.  It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks are
 leaving to pick up the pastor and his wife for dinner.  Mom had assignments
 for all of us while they were gone.  Mine was to set the table.

 When they returned, the pastor came in first and immediately burst into
 laughter. Next came his wife who gasped, then began giggling.  Next came my
 father, who roared with laughter. Then came mom, who almost died of
 embarrassment when she saw each place setting on the table with a "special
 occasion" napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top.  I
 had even tucked the little tails in so they didn't hang off the edge.  My
 mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sent the other
 adults into further fits of laughter.

 "But Mom, you SAID they were for special occasions!

 After church on Sunday morning, a young boy suddenly announced to his
 mother, "Mom, I've decided I'm going to be a minister when I grow up."

 "That's okay with us," the mother said, "But what made you decide to be a
 minister?"

 "Well," the boy replied, "I'll have to go to church on Sunday anyway, and
 I figure it will be more fun to stand up and yell than to sit still and
 listen."

--part0_913649081_boundary--