hi sharon

At 19:44 1998/12/13 -0700, you wrote, in part:
>Dear ones all---
>Due to the following message from Camilla, I have
>decided to stop posting jokes to either "list".

please, say it ain't so!

>The last thing I've ever intended is to make
>anyone uncomfortable or more stressed out. God
>knows, having PD in our lives is bad enough.

which is why we need to maintain a sense of humour
even if
or
especially when
it [the sense of humour] needs a kick-start!
[but i don't think that's the problem here]

>Some of you have been more help to me than any
>doctor could ever be and I am forever grateful
>and am glad to know we have this place where we
>can be for each other.

yes!
it means expressing ourselves
any which way we want or need to

>...I'll keep my posts to the "lists"
>strictly business from now on...

please, say it ain't so!

>It will be easier that way and thank you for
>letting me know everyone else's feelings.

i fear
that you might've, could've, possibly
read more into camilla's message than she meant,
or at least more than i can discern
viz:

>>... not cross-post jokes to CARE
>>which are also posted to the main list.
>>...the number of jokes
>>   the duplication...
>>...the added traffic...
>>...not cross-post...

the complaints about list volume won't ever go away
we are 1600 individuals with 1600 concepts
of what's 'too much'

but if we do what we can
to be helpful to each other
i.e.
avoid unnecssary duplication
and
use descriptive subject headers
and
maybe most important of all
display as much tolerance for others
as we would like for ourselves on a bad hair day,
then, heck, there's no reason for anyone to feel 'censored'
irregardless of grumpy grousers

i, for one, enjoy ALL contributions to this list;
they are all gifts from us to us
they reflect our humanity

your cyber-sis

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada