Well here it is-  the results of the survey. I am going to refrain from
making any interpretations of the data for now.  I think you ought to
have the raw data without my spin on it   as tempting as it is.

A few words of caution. This is Not a Scientific survey.  It is
reflective of the opinions of only those that answered it.  It is
reasonable data for what it is.  It is not a vote and carries no
authority.  Barb is the final authority and I suspect that she has no
stomach or desire for censorship.

But what I would like to see it used for is for us to develop a
consensus as what the list is and what we want it to be.  The consensus
should take into account the legitimate needs of the largest number of
PWP's  and Caregivers  that are interested  and  in my view should be
inclusive rather than exclusive. (but maybe that question for another
survey)

Another Post will follow with the comments people sent (without
attributing names) .

Charlie

SCALE
5 Strongly agree,
4. Agree
3. Not sure
2. Disagree
1. Strongly Disagree,
XX no opinion

A. There is too high volume of messages on the list.
    Number answering question   =        49
    Average of those answering   =        3.51
    Median (of those answering)  =        4
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =    6

2(Disagree)                 =    8
                                              3(Not sure)
=    4
                                              4
(Agree)                    =    17
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=    14
B. I have conversed with former List Members who have told me they left
the list because of the high volume of mail. (Do not include people who
have left for that reason that you heard about via a public on-list
post)
 Number answering question   =        30
    Average of those answering   =      2.6
    Median (of those answering)  =    2
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =  13

2(Disagree)                 =    3
                                              3(Not sure)
=       2
                                              4
(Agree)                    =    7
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=    5
C.  I have NOT considered leaving the list because of high mail volume.
 Number answering question   =     49
    Average of those answering   =    3.06
    Median (of those answering)  =    3
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =   13

2(Disagree)                 =10
                                              3(Not sure)
=3
                                              4
(Agree)                    =7
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=16
D. High mail volume DOES NOT discourage motivated potential contributors
from participating in the list.
 Number answering question   =    47
    Average of those answering   =2.98
    Median (of those answering)  =3
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =    8

2(Disagree)                 =    12
                                              3(Not sure)
=  10
                                              4
(Agree)                    =7
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=10
E .I think that the volume of material not related to (my view of)  the
purpose of the list is too high
     Number answering question   =46
    Average of those answering   =3.46
    Median (of those answering)  =4
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      = 9

2(Disagree)                 =8
                                              3(Not sure)
=1
                                              4
(Agree)                    =9
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=.19
F. I DO NOT FEEL that the volume of mail discourages contributions which
are in keeping with my view of the purpose of the list.
     Number answering question   =45
    Average of those answering   =3.0
    Median (of those answering)  = 3
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =   10

2(Disagree)                 =    10
                                              3(Not sure)
=    5
                                              4
(Agree)                    =    10
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=    10
G. Some LISTMEMBERS post too many messages.
     Number answering question   =    46
    Average of those answering   =    3.63
    Median (of those answering)  =    4
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =     9

2(Disagree)                 =    5
                                              3(Not sure)
=    2
                                              4
(Agree)                    =    8
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=    22
H. Something should be done to limit the number of non-PD mail
     Number answering question   =    49
    Average of those answering   =    3.18
    Median (of those answering)  =    3
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =    10

2(Disagree)                 =    6
                                              3(Not sure)
=    12
                                              4
(Agree)                    =    7
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=.    14
I. There are complaints about high volume are mainly as a result of  its
popularity and there is no significant  problem that needs addressing.
     Number answering question   = 47
    Average of those answering   =    2.51
    Median (of those answering)  =    2
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =   16

2(Disagree)                 =    11
                                              3(Not sure)
=    7
                                              4
(Agree)                    =    6
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=    7
J. There is little or no problem with the appropriateness of the
postings on the list.
     Number answering question   =  48
    Average of those answering   =    2.75
    Median (of those answering)  =    2
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =   9

2(Disagree)                 =    19
                                              3(Not sure)
=    3
                                              4
(Agree)                    =    9
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=    8
K. There is LITTLE OR NO value in doing polls like one.
     Number answering question   =48
    Average of those answering   =2.17
    Median (of those answering)  =2
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =   16

2(Disagree)                 =    14
                                              3(Not sure)
=    14
                                              4
(Agree)                    =    2
                                              5 (Strongly agree)
=    2
L. .If from this survey it is found that a large percentage of
LISTMEMBERS feel that there is a problem a follow-up survey should be
conducted to find out more specifics of the problem and ways to deal
with it.
     Number answering question   =48
    Average of those answering   =4.27
    Median (of those answering)  =5
    Distribution (# answering)   1(strongly disagree)      =   2

2(Disagree)                 =    0
                                              3(Not sure)
=    8
                                              4