Tom,

As a Type I, insulin-dependent diabetic for the past 29 years, and a PWP for
at least 7 (diagnosed 3.5 years), I have watched the discussion referenced in
your note with feelings similar to yours.  I didn't want to comment on its
foolishness, but am prompted to thank you for doing so.

The essential issue, it seems to me, is neither disease itself, but rather how
it affects a given indivdual; and there are such wide-ranging differences in
the impact of each.  I can tesitify, for anyone interested, that these
conditions (Type I Diabetes and Parkinsons), while unrelated, can interact
pretty vehemently in one individual who has both.  In my case, the strains
emerging from PD threw my Diabetes (for the first time in 28 years, into wild
uncontrol and numerous, unpreventable, unpredictable insulin reactions over a
9-month period, one result of which was my determination to seek disability
status (i.e. to stop working full-time) -- and I am now awaiting the final
Social Security Disability claim response.

Since I stopped working, I've (thankfully) regained excellent diabetic
control, even as my PD symptoms continue to worsen.

Best regards,

John Bachman