hi charlie

At 16:43 1998/12/18 -0600, you wrote, in part:
>Janet
>...You are confusing questioning based on anecdotal information   and
>trying to get information with an attack on the list and Barb Pattern
>which it is not. Questioning about whether people thin there is a
>problem I believe is helpful. and in the spirit of your challenge to
>help Barb,
>
>I'm going to let your subtle (or not so subtle) personal attack go by
>for now (on my motivation and LIST "patriotism" except to say that
>looking at problems and trying to cone up with solutions is not looking
>a gift horse in the mouth.  It is appreciating that gift that is
>received and showing caring for it and its welfare.  Not acknowledging
>that the horse's teeth may be decayed is  far more irresponsible.

i did not intend a personal 'attack' on you charlie
maybe i've misread your intentions
in the same way that you have misread mine

i simply don't understand the
'i don't like it, therefore it should be changed' complaint
that rears its head every few months
and i still don't

our perceptions and our opinions obviously differ
what you see as problems to be solved
i see as perceptions that are negative

maybe the 'gift horse' is a poor analogy

your point about the horse's teeth being decayed
doesn't suit fit this situation in my view
since we do not own the gift/list
we are given the use of the gift/list
but the gift/list is still owned by barb patterson

>Barb can speak for herself and if she sees what I
>am doing as disloyal or out of bounds I am sure
>I will hear from her.

i agree
but am i not allowed to express my opinion about list events
in the same way that you are?

>In the mean time don't  polarize a well intentioned effort.  If you
>think I have a hidden agenda I'd love to hear it.  Maybe I have a
>financial interest in the outcome. I sure see why one person wrote
>after expressing his views. Please don't use my name or someone
>will crucify me .

i don't see how having a difference of opinion
is 'polarising' or 'crucifying'

those members who see the list volume as a problem
are entitled to their opinion and to expressing it

those members who do not see the list volume as a problem
are entitled to their opinion and to expressing it

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada