Hello,

I joined the list 20 days ago. I filled the questionnare and I made
some sugestions to Charlie. I am programmer and I am subscribed to
several lists. I use filters which comes with the e-mail software.
Those filters allow me to manage over 100 mesages day.
20% to 30% are deleted automatically, I read 20% to 30% the rest get
filed automatically for later reading.

On 19 Dec 98, at 0:32, Phil Tompkins wrote:

> One thing occurs to me -- I wonder whether we are doing enough to
> acknowledge people who are new to the list.  When someone signs up
> they receive a welcome letter from Barbara, who invites them to post
That was very nice of Barbara.

> an introduction.  These introductions deserve an acknowledgement of
> some sort.  Do they all get one?  Also, if the new person asks

I got an acknowledgement from Bernard Shaw of Austria and Janet
Paterson which they made me feel at home.
> questions at that point, are they all answered?  Do we need, in
> addition to Barbara's devoted efforts, some sort of volunteer
> welcoming committee to check whether there has been a response to
> these first messages and post one if there aren't any?  Say 7 people, one
> for each day of the week.

It would be nice to welcome the new people so they can feel at home.
We do not need to post the welcome to the list.
> Of course this will result in more mail volume -- oh well.

The list have been helpful to me, I wish I had subscribed when I was
diagnosed PD. It could have saved me a lot of pain and agravation.
Now, I can communicate better with my doctor.

On sinemet 100/25 and Tasmar by choice.

Happy Holidays to all

Jose Altuve 45/40/34 Montreal Canada