In a message dated 12/18/98 12:03:07 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
 Since I stopped working, I've (thankfully) regained excellent diabetic
 control, even as my PD symptoms continue to worsen.

John,

I'm impressed.  you have lived 29 years controlling type 1 DM-congratulations.
Wow! Now you are trying to control PD too.

I believe I know something which  you might already have found --that there
are some similarities.  Controlling each requires a similar type of
discipline.  Both  are both science and art.  Both involve medicine, timing,
and diet.  In PD the diet part is control of stomach drainage.  Sinemet is
absorbed from the small bowel (usually duodenum)  not the stomach.

Please do not be offended at the following suggestions:
1. I believe I have heard about insulin pumps.
2. I know Alan Bonander, a legendary PWP, had a liquid Sinemet pump (a tube
from a reservoir through the pump and  through a gastrostomy into his
duodenum).

 IMHO, if anyone ever had a need for  these things, you do.  The idea would be
to make life a bit easier.

 I am impressed by your workload just staying in control.  However, as a fond
wish I hope you can persevere well.

 Maybe if  this stem cell business gets going ,you can get some replacement
parts.

Regards,
WHH 55/38/37