Hello...I am happy  to report another letter was published by the Kansas City
Star today.  I was a (ghost) collaborator on the letter which was the idea of
Jeanette Fuhr, who wrote the first draft and edited the second draft.   As she
is ill with the flu today, she asked me to post it to the list.  It was
published as submitted except it omitted one line about the funds not being
actually earmarked in the '99 budget.

Kansas City Star
Saturday, Dec. 19, 1998
page B 6

Morris Udall's legacy

Former Congressman Morris Udall, 76, died Dec. 12 after a long struggle

with Parkinson's disease.  He is remembered for championing environmental

causes, but are you aware of the bill bearing his name for Parkinson's

research?

The Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Disease Research Act authorized $100

million when enacted in 1997.  People with Parkinson's, their families and

friends worked diligently to make known the toll of this disease and the

predictions by scientists of a cure being likely. (Present drug/surgeries

treat symptoms but the disease process continues.)

Diagnosed with Parkinson's last year at age 47, I have a dream.  I see

myself at 60 with the disease process reversed/cured.  I'll still be an

educator, and, I hope, enjoying my grandchildren, and watching the latest hit
by a

lively Michael J. Fox (who told interviewer Barbara Walters he plans to be 50
and no longer with Parkinson).

Jeanette Fuhr

Trenton, MO

Barbara Blake-Krebs