Hi gang: Just got the digest for the first time in a while. Whole different
ballgame,baby. Advantageous you can scroll through pages you're not interested
in, the topics you are intersted in can be identififed in advance. Boy is is
faster. Disadventagous is you lose the ability to isolate a particular letter
to print or file, other than cut and paste which makes you able to post from
several (id'd!) sources.
Chronilogically, it works better.If you're like me and start with the old ones
I'd find myself dashing off a letter before learning later they had already
explained or changed their position. You also get to see other peoples views
and thoughts before you respond to a contributor.
If we all, myself included would take the time to think is this pertinent to the
group or just the intended recipient? Also, change the subject line to
accurately
identify it's content. If you are replying to a person on a group subject,
include
just enough of his letter to make the point you are addressing.
Also long banners and slogans etc. all add up to more bulk.