HI LIst, Kees and Phil,

   During the daytime, the OFF problem is worse than being alone. I keep
busy during the day. But DURING THE NIGHT, I am battling rigidity, the
need for sleep, and trying to stay warm enough.. If an OFF is too deep,
it is very, very hard  for me to battle back to ON. I get dystonia,
cramps and curled toes , which my doctors have NEVER seen, all at once.

   Waking up OFF, I can be too stiff to be alone, even though I take all
the precautions Kees Paap just posted. On my night table is a fascinating
new world of things that only a  PWP would recognize.

  Knowing that a deep OFF at night happens, I get kinda' nervous, or
worse, very anxious. But overmedicating myself is not an answer, because
then I get hot, sweaty and sleepless.

  My nighttime meds are at  6:30 pm, 9:30 pm, 12:30am, 3:45am, 7:00 am.
The arrival of an OFF is relatively predictable, but the DEPTH of the OFF
is not. It is when I am quickly walloped by a sudden crash from on to a
DEEP off,  while meanwhile asleep, that I am in the most trouble.

My simultaneous meds are 1/2 tablet Sinemet 25/100,1/2 tablet Sinemet
25/100 CR, and only every other dose, Tasmar, 1/2 tablet x 100 mg = 50
mg.

This nighttime endurance test REALLY needs a special attitude, and a
caregiver, at this point in my PD  journey (13th year since onset of
visible symptoms).

IVAN
 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   41   deg. F   :-)   wild, windy
and sunny/ snow melted away