Don and group,

I am sorry that the change has you so bent out of shape.  At least from
my stand point and I presume Barb's - the people who are most
responsible for the change you were not the target and in fact nobody in
particular and at the same time everyone including me were guilty of
making replies on the list that were not relevant.  At the same time we
were getting a lot of people complaining about the volume and length of
messages.  I would like this list to be useful to as much of the PD
community as possible.  You are an important part of that community and
I wouldn't presume to eliminate you or anybody else from the list.  I
understand change is difficult and scary but I want to assure you that
the change does not mean that anybody is mad at you or wants you off the
list.  You were able to post this AM an had it repeated by several
others.  Don-  you can adapt to change-  you have already done it today.

Don, the only thing I am mad at you for is that you are repeatedly
thinking that I am mad at you.

Change isn't always good-  that's why we have said we will try this for
a couple weeks and see how things go. We can always reverse it.  .

I would hope that if people are noticing either positive or negative
changes in the list that they post it for discussion..

If any suggestion that I make interferes with  the usefulness of the
list for you especially after you give it a trial  then we need to take
a close look at  the change because the change is harming a valued list
member.  If that is the case we need to find a way to get those needs
met.

I think it would be useful. at some point to do another survey-  perhaps
with better sampling techniques to find out what functions the list
performs for members-  what it does best, what we would like it to do
and what we think a Parkinson's list should do.

If you or others want to take my questioning as an attack on them or the
list  I can't stop you.  But what I can assure you that none is meant.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin