Hi,

=46rom time to time you will read about our European Parkinson's Action
Network (EUROPAN). It is amazing that only 5 people from 5 counties can
launch an initiative from scratch. We simply had the conviction that the
national PD associations in Europe were too clumsy and slow to foster the=

European reseach in PD. Within a few months we have achieved something:
Due to letters, petitions and talks to members of the European Parliament=
,
Parkinson will be research priority within medical research projects
financed through EU funds in the frame of the upcoming research programme=

(ageing population projects).
We have coverage in newspapers and TV
We have remained independent from pharma industry and national associatio=
ns
We have established contacts to leading PD researchers
We will participate in February at European Conference for promotion of
research
Preparation of official legal structure is under way

I would be interested to know to what extent "PD networks for researchers=
"
do exist in  USA. Is there any concerted research programme, or does ever=
university (public financed reserach) selects themes according to its
interest.  Any comment is appreciated.

Dietmar Wessel (44/10)
Germany