Greetings list: This digest format isn't so great, there were 3 seperate
letters I wanted to respond to and I cant pluck them out. How do I go back
to regular mail?
A comment on volume of mail. I suggest there are 4 types of mail:
1.PD related technical, and personal postings for info only (non reply)
2.PD related technical, personal, informative looking for group input.
3. discretionary postings of non-pd items, responses that s/b to individuals.
4. Political, advertising, inflammatory, or otherwise definitely unsuitable.
Would it possible to somehow group these  in A-D and label them? It would
make it easier to simply delete or screen the groups out. Or simply two
types PD related or not.
I accidentally deleted my digest so I'm responding by memory. To the lady
getting the pallidotomy, Dr. Iacano is supposed to be one of the best.
One piece of advice from my surgery, the doctors keep asking you what you're
feeling. Be very honest, they may ask you the same thing repeatedly, don't
feel obligated to say what you think they want to hear. In my case they
kept asking me about lights and after a while I began to worry. Turned out
they were asking to make sure THEY weren't doing something wrong. During the
surgery I felt an immediate vast improvement on the right side and a slight
improvement after the surgery on my left, though they only did one side.
This was hindered because after the operation, they cut my meds almost in
half, seeking to measure the impact but I was undermedictaed When I went
back 80-90% of my reg doses I was tremendously improved. I still am better
today, than when I had the surgery 3 years  ago, although I feel a gradual
decrease in mobility.
A warning, apparently they've stopped doing the procedure in (Brazil?) due
to radical personality  changes, which I have also experienced.
To Ivan, my heart goes out to you. Two years ago, I was in exactly the same
position. Not bad during the day but the freezing up at night was terrifying.
I had to sleep flat on my back with pills set up on each side within reach.
I can only suggest a possible roomate, you could offer reduced room and board
for the assistance you require. Make sure the person you get is familiar with
pwpd, otherwise it can get even worse. I had a guy who I asked to give me a
hand getting up from my chair. He said wait till the basketball game is over.
I ended up struggling to my feet, falling face forward with the chair on top
of me. Then he asked "now why would you do that?"
Perhaps there is a p/t nurse or home care student who would stay for the 6 $
a day. Beware of "short" hospital stays. I lost my bed in the group home I was
living in after 30 days absence, it took 9 months for me to get out.
Use your home equity somehow but stay home. Life in an institution is not
for ypwp. Hang in there.
Bill