hi all

if i perceive someone/something as 'attacking' me
i.e. as danger to me or my 'territory'
my instinctive reaction is quick - 'fight or flight'
as is my emotional reaction of fear/anger

however
if my perception of an attack proves out to be a mis-take,
i.e. the intention was different from my perception,
or the red flag was actually blue and i need new glasses,
then my emotional and instinctive reactions are invalidated and abandoned
and rightly so

however
back to the root

what if i
as a thinking animal, which i think i am,
can control that initial perception of an attack?
to the degree that i control my instinctive reaction
or,  failing actual control, simply 'observe' it rather than
being 'swept away' by it?

any 'attack' in these times
is more likely to be on our pride and our so-called worth
[intellectual/emotional]
rather than a lunge for the throat in any case
[physical]

if we see our self-worth as invincible
no matter what
then we no longer can feel endangered by an 'attack'
whether said threat is 'real' or only 'apparent'

since our self-worth IS invincible
we are each one of us loved completely and unconditionally
like it or 'lump it'
then the only attack we need to be concerned with
is that from within i.e. when we 'lump it'

just a thought...

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada