I have a suggestion to help overcome the problem of being watched the
"List Police".
Maybe we could have a team of monitors whose job would be to respond to
the proper use of the list, OFF-LINE to each person observed breaking
the rules. These rules would be published periodically (after they have
been approved by Barb Patterson, list owner, and would be part of Barb's
welcome letter.
The idea is to make the response private and definitely Non-Threatning
by sending them a form letter to inform or remind them of the effort to
reduce the volume of mail without effecting the quality or number of
meaningful (to the majority of subscribers) postings.

If this idea was implemented it could be monitored with 10-15 monitors
so that they would have to be on call only once every 10-15 days.

I would be willing to be a volunteer to a program like this.

What do you think Barb P., Barb M., Charlie Meyer,MD., All List ?