     kefuffle / purpose / choices                             97/09/05

     hi cyber-siblings

     hark!
     i hear the echoes of another list kefuffle
     shuffling our way

     there are many aspects to being part of a family
     whether it is the 'sanguine' type or the 'ethereal' type
     whether is is the 'hand of fate' type or the 'chosen few' type
     whether it is 1500 faceless names or 15 billion nameless faces

     but the foundation of any true family
     has to be based on mutual caring
     or dare i say
     love
     and concern for one another

     indeed
     loving others
     means caring about them as much as ourselves

     it means valuing their needs and wants and desires
     as much as our own

     it means sharing joy and pain together
     no limits no restrictions no impositions

     the purpose of our list-family
     is what all the members say it is at any given time

     we yearn to exercise 'control'
     to have 'power'
     but that yearning is frequently directed outwards
     at 'controlling' circumstances or
     'having power' over others

     and that perception is a myth
     the great cosmic joke
     one which calls for a gigantic sense of humour

     the only area where we truly have 'power' or 'control'
     as human beings
     is within ourselves
     the emotions that we allow ourselves to feel
     the actions that we allow ourselves to take as a result

     the ability to consciously make these choices
     is the core of being a healthy human being
     and loving family member

     your syb-sis

     janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada