Debbie:
At 06:24 PM 12/23/98 -0500, Debbie White wrote:
>My mother Joyce (69) saw her doctor today and asked how he knew she had
>striatonigral degeneration and not PD.

One of the ways that one of my Dad's neuro's used to say that he did not
have "regular" PD was his reflexes.  Dad's right side is the most affected.
 When the doctors test his reflexes there (banging with the little hammer),
they get quite a response--lots of jumping around.  We were told that, if
it were PD, the reflexes would be dampened, rather than enhanced.

Comment from the list family??

BTW, my father is currently in the hospital, having fallen and hurt his leg
and hip badly enough that he couldn't stand or "ambulate", as it says on
the hospital charts.  Tomorrow he will go to rehab for therapy and
recovery.  What a fun Christmas we're having!

Jane Koenig
(daughter of Fred, 80/1 1/2)