Regarding my idea about reducing message numbers of posts by changing
the Reply to address default on the Listserve I am pleased that so many
of you liked the idea. A post today I think is a great example of how
this would work.  One listmember wanted to share a Christmas Greeting
with the list and asked people to respond to him so he could send the
large file directly thereby not bogging down the list.  He- I presume
inadvertently
did not make explicit that he should be contacted directly rather than
on list and several people whose names I didn't recognize responded on
list. I presume that they were either not aware of the concerns
expressed about volume on the list,  or not computer savvy enough to do
this.

In the meantime PLEASE be considerate of others and encourage direct
personal responses  unless you absolutely feel that it has relevance to
a sizable portion of the list.

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin