While I have had no harrowing experience
with aspartame, I recall shortly after I was diagnosed with PD 16 yr
ago, my father showed me a short paragraph in one of the scientific
journals he liked to read.  It was by a research person who worked at
the FDA at the time it "passed" for use by the public.  It stated that
it was his opinion it had been released too soon, that there was not
enough data to support it being
deemed safe to use, and that anyone with a nervous system disorder such
as Parkinson's Disease should be cautious
about using it til more time had passed
and more was known about its effect on the brain.   I don't know about
the objectivity or factual content of  the report posted here, or the
credibility of the FDA researcher, but because of  the possibility of
aspartame being a problem at this time, I am happy I decided not to use
it.